The Science of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is renowned as an herbal adaptogen. In the Indian Ayurvedic tradition, Ashwagandha is used as a Rasayana: a dietary supplement or practice promoting rejuvenation, mental and physical health, as well as providing a defense against aging and challenging environmental factors. Ashwagandha root has been shown to protect brain cells from oxidative damage caused by exposure to stressors.1
- Ashwagandha reduced the number of neurons damaged due to oxidative stress by 80% — an effect attributed to protection against stress-induced free radicals in key areas of the brain.2
- Research has shown that animals receiving Ashwagandha are significantly protected against the negative effects of chronic stress on memory, mood, sexual behavior, immune function,3 and antioxidant levels in the brain.4
- In a placebo-controlled study, men and women given an extract of Ashwagandha root showed improved mental skills by performing better in reaction times, mental arithmetic, and logical deductions.5
- Ashwagandha also supports healthy aging. In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study of healthy men, aged 50-59 years, taking Ashwagandha, red blood cell counts and the hemoglobin level significantly increased; the decrease in nail calcium was significantly less; the erythrocyte sedimentation rate significantly decreased; and while the seated stature of the subjects significantly improved, 71.4% reported improvements in their sexual performance.6
Take 1 (500 mg) capsule, one to two times per day or as directed by your health care practitioner. Best results are achieved after 30 days.
Not to be taken during pregnancy. If nursing a baby or taking any prescription drugs, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product.
In Ayurveda there are seven basic body constitutions resulting from the predominance of one or more energetic influences or Doshas. The Doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha, influence physical, mental and spiritual health. Everyone is considered to be a unique combination of these three body influences. Your natural Doshic state of balance is called Prakruti. Ashwagandha is used for general health, managing stress and to enhance physical and mental stamina. It can also have numerous balancing benefits for the Doshas.
Care For The Environment
As a manufacturer, our actions can have a large impact on the environment.
We always look for the most earth-friendly, sustainable choice.
Savesta Ashwagandha features:
- Vegetarian capsules with no animal-derived ingredients
- Extraction using only pure water & alcohol, not toxic solvents
- Non-irradiated herbs
- Bottles that are easily recyclable #2 plastic, HDPE
- Bottle are BPA free
Guide To Being Well – Stress Reducers & Energizers
- Relaxing music
- Connecting with others
- Daily meditation
- Adequate sleep
- Soothing baths and massages
- Enjoying the outdoors
- Regular breaks from work
- A healthy diet
- Regular exercise
Click here for more detailed information on Ashwagandha.