The Science of Triphala
Triphala (“three fruits”) is a highly esteemed and widely utilized Ayurvedic formula for gastrointestinal health. Triphala is traditionally used to maintain a healthy colon,1 improve digestion, and rejuvenate and strengthen tissues.2, 3 The digestive benefits of Triphala (Terminalia bellerica, Terminalia chebula and Phyllanthus emblica) may be due to:
- Scavenging free radicals (antioxidant activity).2
- Binding to a digestive hormone linked with occasional gastrointestinal upset.3
- Increasing bile acid excretion and helping to maintain cholesterol levels already within the normal range.4
Take 1 tablet twice a day, before meals or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Not for use during pregnancy. If you are nursing or taking any prescription drugs, seek the advice of a health care professional before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.
In Ayurveda there are seven basic body constitutions resulting from the predominance of one or more energetic influences or Doshas. The Doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha, influence physical, mental and spiritual health. Everyone is considered to be a unique combination of these three body influences. Your natural Doshic state of balance is called Prakruti. Triphala has been traditionally used for digestion, strengthening and rejuvenating tissues, and helping to balance the Doshas.
Care For The Environment
As a manufacturer, our actions can have a large impact on the environment. We always look for the most earth-friendly, sustainable choice.
Savesta Triphala features:
- Vegetarian tablets with no animal-derived ingredients
- Extraction using only pure water, not toxic solvents
- Sustainably wildcrafted fruits • Non-irradiated herbs
- Organic peppermint oil for soothing aroma
- Bottles that are easily recyclable #2 plastic, HDPE
- Bottles are BPA free
Guide To Being Well – Healthy Digestion
- Eat well-balanced meals with fruits, vegetables, and whole grains at regular intervals.
- Add fresh papaya and pineapple to your diet, which contain beneficial digestive enzymes.
- Avoid eating when upset.
Click here for more detailed information on Triphala